Thursday, July 29, 2010

Way Behind on Blogging

A lot has been going on this summer and the time has flown by. In just two weeks Brax goes back to school and I'm just not ready for that yet. We've been trying to get all of our playing in. In June we went to Lagoon with the Anderson clan, that's what we got from Branden's parents for Christmas last year. We were all geared up to go and everything seemed fine in the morning. We got to Lagoon and did a few things. We'd only been there an hour when Brax started complaining that his head hurt. I felt his forehead and he was burning up. He felt miserable so we didn't do much. I pushed him as far as he'd go. We went to Lagoon-a Beach and he slept on one of the lawn chairs for quite a while. At about 7 he told us he wanted to go home to Grandma's house. We spent that night in Glenwood and Brax still didn't feel good so we packed up and came home. It was Father's Day weekend. That Sunday I was put in as the Primary 2nd Councilor which has kept me really busy. Brax and Branden stayed home because Brax wasn't any better. I took him in to the doctor the next day and found out he had strep throat. That's the 2nd time this year. A couple days after the doctor's visit my sister-in-law and her daughter came to visit. Brax took such great care of E. while she was here. He wouldn't go play with friends, he had to play with E. It was really cute. After they left, he talked me into continuing trying to have more children. The doctor gave me medications for my nausea and migraines. The nausea pills work great, but the migraine one not so much. Anyway, I'll try to condense the rest.


We stayed in Hurricane for the 4th of July and had a great time. We spent most of the day with friends and we had so much fun. I didn't take many photos though.


On the 7th-9th of June the women and children from the Cowley clan came down to visit. The girls went to Tuacahn and saw Tarzan and Cats. Shanelle and Cara were also able to get their hair done. We spent the one day taking the kids around. We went shopping, out to lunch at Pirate Island, and also to the splash pad. I think we wore them all out. The final day we went shopping and to the pool. Cara was antsy to get home for a date with her man. He proposed that night, so now we're helping get ready for a wedding. Anyway, we headed to Richfield on the 10th and spent a week camping at Fish Lake with the Anderson clan. It was a lot of fun and quite relaxing. The return home was not so relaxing, but eventually I will get over my own stupidity.

Down here they have a 24th of July parade which includes most of the primaries from the wards. Our ward put together a float. Brax rode and I walked along the side. It was a lot of fun and luckily not too hot. Anyway, that's been our adventures in a nut shell. I will include a few photos, but I haven't taken a lot so I do apologize for that.


I also forgot about all Branden has been doing. He was able to take time off and go to Scout Camp at Lake Powell. He had a lot of fun and got sunburned, but I think he had fun. He also got to go fishing in a private pond, swim at Sand Hollow, and is preparing for Youth Conference this weekend. He gets out and about a lot with the Young Men.


I am going to try to blog more often and will have time to do so once school starts. We're having a lot of fun and loving life. By the way, Branden's brother is moving down this weekend. We're excited to have more family close.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

I love the update. Can you believe summer is almost over???